Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Working for the Betterment of Society

My name is Amy and I was born and raised in Michigan. I first became acquainted with Hands On New Orleans in 2006 when my brother and I, along with friends, drove down to volunteer over Thanksgiving. Since then I thought about returning to New Orleans. This summer I learned of the Volunteer Leadership program with HONO and here I am!

This is my third week in New Orleans as a VL. I am happy to be once again working for the betterment of society. As each week progresses it confirms my belief that I was put on this Earth to do something great. No matter the magnitude, I will change the world and make it a better place. There is nothing more rewarding than making someone's life just a little easier. And Hands On New Orleans is giving me the tools to do so.

No comments: